Part I. Vocabulary (20 points)
1. He has____ English dictionary. I think it helps him a lot.
2. Let’s go to____ cinema --- that’ll take your mind off the problem for ____ while.
A. the; the B. the; a
C. a; the
D. a; a
3. My favorite ____ is summer. I can swim with my friends.
A. month B. day
4. Mike took to magazines off the little table to make____ for the television.
A. room B. area
5. ____is one of the four great inventions of ancient China.
A. The car B. The training
C. Paper-making D. The computer
6. I can't find my ticket, I think I must lost .
A. it B. one
C. this D. them
7. We must protect animals. They’re friends of ___.
8. You can take___ of the two toy cars and leave the other for your brother.
9. Boys, don't lose ___ in playing Angry Birds, it’s bad for your eyes to play computer games for a
A. himself B. yourselves
C. themselves D. yourself
10. —Where is Class ___?
—It’s on the ___ floor.
A. Fifth; second B. Five; two
C. Five; second
D. Fifth; two
11. This problem is far ___ me, I'm afraid I can't work it out.
A. beyond B. beside C. behind D. between.
12. Would you mind not picking the flowers in the garden? They are ___ everyone’s enjoyment.
13. It is ___ for me to follow the Australian quests, because I am good at English.
A. bad B. easy
14. I like I AM A SINGER so much. It is one of the TV programs I’ve ever seen.
A. least boring
B. least interesting
C. more interesting
D. most interesting
15. It’s dark. I can’t see the words on the TV programs I’ve ever seen.
B. clearly C. silently
16. We are so glad to see Changchun is developing these years than it did before.
A. more quickly B. the more quickly
C. most quickly D. the most quickly
17. The famous film star was wearing a pair of sunglasses and I didn’t him at first.
18. The office phones are dirty and Wang Hong them now.
A. will clean
B. is going to clean
C. shall clean D. is cleaning
19. —I wonder when you bought the new watch?
—Well, I it for two weeks.
C. have had D. were bought
20. We’re sure that the environment in our city greatly through our work in the near
A. improved B. was improved C. has improved D. will be improved
Part II. Structure (20 points)
21. —Would you like to go shopping?
—If Kate does, .
A. I go, too
B. so will I
C. neither will I
D. So do I
22. To achieve a bright future, we should ___study hard, ___keep in good health.
A. not, but
B. not only, but also
C. neither, nor
D. either, or
23. —Did all the students study in the classroom.
—No, ___ only ten students there.
A. there was
B. there are
C. there were
D. there had
24. —___will the fog and haze last?
—I've no idea. There is no sign of an end.
A. how soon
B. how far
C. how long
D. how often
25. —Can I come this evening or tomorrow morning.
—___is OK. I 'm free today and tomorrow.
26. Rick has learned a lot about Chinese culture ___He came to China.
27. Mike is ___ a clever boy ___. He can answer all the questions.
A. too, to
B. so, that
C. such, that
D. either, or
28. One of the most delicious drinks ___ I like is orange juice.
29. —Shall we get off the bus here?
—Yes. But we won't get off ___ it stops.
30. ___ I know, more and more people in the world are learning Chinese.
A. as well as
B. as often as
C. as soon as
D. as far as
31. You and I could hardly work together ___?
A. could you
B. couldn’t I
C. couldn’t we
D. could we
32. I’m going to see you off ___ me again before leaving.
B. to call
D. do calling
33. ___ Lily will get better soon is ___ her mother is worrying about now.
A. What, what
B. Whether, what
C. If, that
D. What, that
34. Betty talked about the contest ___ she had won the grand prize
A. in order that
B. as if
C. even if
D. even though
35. All people ___ they are old or young, rich or poor, have been trying their best to help those in
need the disaster.
A. even if
C. no matter
36. Look! Laura is getting the first place ___ fast runner she is!
C. how a
D. What a
37. I think he’s been drinking ___ I’m not completely sure.
38. —Is it all right if I keep this photo?
A. No, you don’t. B. No, it shouldn’t.
C. I’m afraid not.
D. Don’t keep it
39. Could you tell me ___ a meeting in Beijing next week?
A. if there was going to be
B. if there is going to be
C. whether is there going to be
D. whether there is going to have
40. —David, thank you for driving me home.
—___. Have a nice day.
A. That's right B. I 'm afraid not
C. You’re welcome D. It's a good idea
Part III Reading Comprehension (40 points)
A man lived in a village. He had an old cat at home. The cat couldn't run fast, and she
couldn't bite, because she was so old. One day, when she saw a mouse, she jumped and caught it.
But she couldn't bite it. The mouse got out her mouth and ran away.4/9
Then the man became very angry and began to beat the cat. The cat said, "don't beat your
servant. I know I'm old and can't kill a mouse. But I have worked for you for many years, and I
still want to work for you. Be kind to the old, and remember what good work they did when they
When the man heard that, he realized that he was wrong.
41.Where did the man live？
A. In a village.
B. In a city.
C. In a factory.
D. In a hotel.
42.What could the old cat do？
A. Run fast.
C. Catch a mouse. D. Kill a mouse.
43. How did the man feel when the mouse ran away？
44.How long did the cat work for the man？
A. Several days.
B. A few months.
C. About a year.
D. Many years.
45.What happened at the end of the story？___
A. The cat left home.
B. The man realized his mistake.
C. The man killed the cat.
D. The man didn't believe the cat.
International Ice and Snow Festival is held every year in Harbin, the capital city of
Heilongjiang Province in China. The festival was held for the first time in 1985.It’s held annually
on January 5th and lasts for over one month. Because of the festival, Harbin attracts thousands of
local people and visitors from all over the world. The visitors can experience a magic world of ice
and snow there.
This year, the 30th Harbin international Ice an Snow Festival opened on Sunday night,
January 5th. It has several main places-Ice and Snow world. Ice Lantern Garden Party and sun
island scene area. If you are interested in these places, visit our website for more information.
Some of the information is shown in the table below:
Place: Ice and Snow World
Ice Lantern Garden Party
sun island scene area
29, 80, 85, 8846
46. When was the first International Ice and Snow festival held?
B. In 2010 C. In 2002 D. In 2013
47. The underlined word “annually” means .
A. every week B. every month C. every season D. every year5/9
48. Which of the following is TRUE according to the passage?
A. Most buses go to Ice Lantern Garden Party.
B. The NO.5 bus arrives at
C. both Ice and Snow World and Ice Lantern Garden Party
D. Ice and Snow World opens at 8.00 and closes at 17.30.
49. How does a man get to the Ice Lantern Garden Party?
A. Take Bus 85 B. Take Bus 80 C. Take Bus 53 D. Take Bus 126
50. The passage is probably taken from .
A. a story book B. the Internet C. a diary
D. a letter
It’s very convenient for people to move from one place to another in the U.S. The public
transportation is perfect.
Subways are underground trains, which usually operate 24 hours a day. They are found in
larger cities and usually run between the suburbs and the downtown areas. Maps and schedules are
available from the ticket offices. If you take the subway often, you can save money by purchasing
a monthly pass.
City-operated buses run on various routes and are designed to be at certain places at certain
times. Maps and schedules may be posted at certain stops, or they may be available at local banks,
libraries, the student union, or from the bus drivers. Buses run mainly during the day. Fare is paid
by the exact change in coins. Or by monthly passes.
Taxis are generally more expensive in the United States than in other countries. If you use a
taxi, be sure you ask the amount of the fare before you agree to ride, for the taxi drivers usually
expect a tip of 15 percent of the fare.
51. According to the passage, subways are underground trains, which usually run .
A. within downtown areas
B. away from city centers
C. our outside big modern cities D. between suburbs and city centers
52. You can get the maps and schedules of the subways .
A. at bus stations
B. at local banks
C. in bookstores
D. from the ticket offices
53. From the passage we learn that .
A. buses are always available in 24 hours
B. bus riders have to buy monthly passes
C. bus fare is paid by the exact change in coins
D. buses are the best means of transportation6/9
54. When you take a taxi, you’d better .
A. buy a monthly pass
B. ask about the fare first
C. agree on the amount of the tip
D. pay by the exact change in coins
55. The passage mainly tell us about .
A. the bus and train fares in the U.S.
B. the ways of paying a taxi in the U.S.
C. the public transportation in the U.S.
D. the advantage of subways in the U.S.
As a student, I was most afraid to answer questions in class, and I found that the students
around were just like me. At the beginning of each class, when the teacher asked a question, I
always lowered my head because I was afraid that the teacher saw me.
One day, in a foreign language class, Mr. Black gave us a lesson. He wanted us to be active in
class, so he asked us some questions, but no one answered. “Let me tell you a story first,” he said.
“When I came to the United States to study, the university often invited famous people to
make speeches. Before the beginning of every speech, I found an interesting thing. The students
around me always took a cardboard folded (折叠的) in half, wrote their names in bold with the
most eye-catching color, and then placed the cardboard on the seat. So when the speaker needed
the answers from the students, he could see and call a listener's name directly.”
“I couldn't understand that. My classmate told me the speakers were all top people, who
meant chances. When your answer was to his surprise, it meant he might give you more chances.
In fact, I really saw a few students got great chances because of that.”
After listening to the story, I understood that the chance will not find you itself. You must
show yourself all the time so that you can find a chance on the card.
56. What did Mr. Black want the students to do in his class?
A. Read loudly.
B. Take notes carefully.
C. Be active.
D. Listen to him quietly.
57. How did the writer's classmates behave when they were asked questions?
A. They raised their hands. B. They shook their heads.
C .They closed their eyes. D. They lowered their heads.
58. How did the speaker get to know the students' names?
A. He got them from the computer.
B. He saw the card boards on the seats.
C. He asked the students for their names.
D. He got them from the name list on the teacher’s desk7/9
59. What does the underlined word “eye-catching” in Paragraph 3 mean?
A. 引人注目的 B. 眼睛疼痛的 C. 目光呆滞的 D. 泪眼朦胧的
60. What does the writer mainly tell us?
A. Doing as others do is necessary.
B. Answering questions bravely is easy.
C. Attracting others’ attention is interesting.
D. Showing yourself bravely can win chances.
People and the sources of air pollution are found in the same places. This means that cities
with large populations have the biggest problem of dirty air. Air pollution is caused by many
different things. A major source of air pollution is the gas fumes from cars. Statistics show that 93
percent of all auto trips are within cities. Another major source of dirty is the burning of coal and
oil for energy. This energy is needed to make electricity. Of course, much more electricity is used
in the city than in the countryside.
On the average, we throw away more trash and garbage than the year before. The burning of
garbage contributes to air pollution. Many major industries are also responsible for the dirty air in
the around cities. The fumes from iron, steel, chemical, and petroleum production add particles to
The effects of air pollution range from loss of clear vision, mild headaches to death.
Wherever coal and oil are used for fuel, fumes may kill trees and plants and cause metal to
corrode. In some larger cities, these fumes endanger the life of human beings by contributing to
lung diseases and causing early death.
61. The key point of the passage is that ___.
A. the cause of air pollution is people
B. the causes and the effects of air pollution are both found in cities
C. the effects of air pollution range from headaches to deaths
D. air pollution is caused by dirty air
62. What is the purpose of this passage?
A. To persuade people to stop polluting the air.
B. To tell the causes of air pollution.
C. To tell why cities have larger populations.
D. To describe why cities are bad places to live.
63. Why is air pollution heavier in the city than in the countryside?
A. Because there are more people in cities.
B. Because the air in the city is dirty.
C. Because there are more cars in the city.
D. Because there are much more gas fumes from cars and burning of coal and oil for energy.8/9
64. The fumes from coal and oil may cause plants to ____.
A. turn black B. break down C. die
D. get diseases
65. In larger cities, the fumes from coal and oil may result in ___.
A. heart disease
B. serious headache
C. lung disease
D. loss of clear vision
Part IV Cloze
Lisa and Mike were celebrating their anniversary. The couple used to be sweet. But now _66_
had changed since they got married. The once lovely couple had turned bitter. They fought over
every little thing. _67_ of them hated the way things had changed.
Lisa was _68_ for Mike to come home. She hoped that Mike would remember their
anniversary. She _69_ imagined that her husband would bring her flowers. In this _70_, they could
remember the old happiness again and forget all the _71_.
But her imagination was cut short when the phone in the bedroom _72_. Lisa answered to the
sound of a man. “Hello madam, I'm calling from the police station. Is this Mr. Mike Green's _73_?”
“Yes, it is!”
“I'm sorry madam but there was a traffic accident and a man has _74_. We got this number
from his wallet. We need you to come and identify his body. “Lisa was shocked! _75_ could this
happen! She'd have died for another chance to mend every little fight! She lay and cried _76_ the
floor in pain. She lost her chance. Forever! _77_, there was a noise at the doorway. The door
opened and Mike came in. “My dear, it's a _78_ day today. My wallet was stolen.”
“That's the best _79_ I've ever heard,” Lisa said with a smile as her eyes were _80_.
66. A. interests
67. A. All B. One
68. A. searching B. Singing
69. A. even
C. hardly D. sometimes
70. A. time B. day
71. A. fighting B. feeling
72. A. sounded B. rang C. knocked
73. A. office B. address
74. A. lost B. left
75. A. How B. When C. Where
76. A. above B. on
77. A. Luckily B. Slowly
C. Quietly D. Suddenly
78. A. nice B. bad
C. cool D. warm
79. A. news B. advice
C. lie D. information
80. A. looking B. putting
Part V Translation (10 points)
81. This is rather for your father to decide than you.
82. Clothes worn only a few times have to be put aside because of the change of the fashion.
83. All fights have cancelled because of the snowstorm, so many passengers could do nothing but
take the train.
84. Most of us, from earliest school days, have been told that daydreaming is a waste of time.
85. Great changes in a country’s social structure have always caused stress.